Track Work Here During Recess

On account of the poor weather conditions, the development of the University and Freshman track teams has been greatly handicapped, and in order to make the most of the time that remains, the track management is asking all candidates who are not going south to remain in Cambridge for practice during part of the vacation. All candidates for the University team who do not make the southern trip, and all Freshman candidates will report for work on Wednesday, April 19, and remain in Cambridge during the rest of the vacation. Practice will be held on Soldiers Field each afternoon from 2.30 to 5.30 o'clock under the direction of Coach Quinn, who will have charge of both field and track events. On Saturday, April 22, a meet will be held for the men who remain, and prizes will be awarded to the winners.

In order to make everything as convenient as possible, it has been arranged that men will be allowed to take their meals at the Varsity Club, and all should take advantage of this in order to keep the team together.

Entries for the annual interclass track games, to be held on Soldiers Field on Thursday, will close tomorrow at 6 o'clock. Entry books have been placed in the Locker Building and at Leavitt & Peirce's. Men who are on probation or who have not taken strength tests since January 1 will not be allowed to compete in these games, to make the southern trip, or to compete in the meet in the Stadium on April 22. Today and tomorrow are the last days upon which strength tests can be taken before the recess, and it is imperative that men should report sometime between 2 and 4 o'clock this afternoon or tomorrow to take strength tests, if they have not already done so since January 1.