The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

New Course in History of Science

A new half-course, dealing with the history of the physical and biological sciences, has been arranged for the first half of next year. It will be conducted by Assistant Professor L. J. Henderson, and will meet at 10 o'clock every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. This course, known as History of Science 1 hf., is open to students who have passed at least the equivalent of a full course in some department of natural science.

In this course is discussed the history of the methods, theories, and discoveries of the various physical and biological sciences. A principal aim of the course is to describe the rise of science, its influence upon thought, and, through applied science, its influence upon civilization. No effort will be made to present a continuous description of the growth of scientific facts and theories in the several sciences independently. On the other hand, emphasis will be laid upon the influence of great men and great achievements, and upon the methods common to all the sciences. At the end of the course some of the important affairs of society-medicine, manufacturing, engineering, agriculture, transportation, and the like-will be discussed in their relationship to the progress of science.