Senior Class Albums on Sale

By Edgar H. Wells.

The first sale of the Senior Class Albums will be held at Holworthy 17 today from 9 to 1 o'clock.

Review of Album by Dean Wells.

The Album of the class of 1911 just published is the result of the joint and successful labors of the photograph committee and the George H. Ellis Company of Boston. Unlike former volumes, this book is folio in form, and not the usual oblong shape. Its size is 11 inches by 14 inches, as against the 9 by 12 inches of most of its predecessors. Besides the regulation photographs of the Faculty, members of the class, etc., the 1911 Album gives large pictures of twelve of the gates, class groups of unusual size, the names of the men under the group pictures, and a list of the men not represented by photographs. In addition, the pictures of the major teams are given for the four undergraduate years of the class instead of for the Senior year only as was often the practice before. An index makes the contents of the book more readily accessible than some of its predecessors which lacked this feature.

The volume is also enriched by the most recent portrait of President Lowell, who gave a special sitting on May 12, and by the dedication to Mrs. Lowell, in which Mr. Bemis expresses the gratitude which the undergraduates feel for Mrs. Lowell for her endless acts of kindness and hospitality. Altogether the volume is an admirable record of the class and the University and undoubtedly will be in large demand by the Seniors.