COLLEGE ATHLETIC MEETING

No Radical Changes Suggested for Football.--Committee Appointed to Promote Soccer.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association representing 93 colleges and universities held its annual meeting in the Hotel Astor, New York on Thursday, December 28. Dr. D. A. Sargent, director of the Hemenway Gymnasium, W. F. Garcelon L. '95, and P. Withington 2M., attended as delegates from the University.

In regard to the football, rules, the association advised on radical changes. Last year's football rules committee of seven men was re appointed and recommended to work for a clearer and more concise set of rules which should continue the open game and minimize the chances of fatality. The committee was also requested to publish the rule book in the spring in order to give more time for its study.

It was resolved that the executive committee should attempt to affiliate the association with the Intercollegiate Associations of Amateur Athletes and Amateur Gymnasts of America in order that there might be closer co-operation between the three. Mr. Garcelon was appointed one of a committee of five to promote and regulate association football.