WINTER TRACK WORK STARTS

Times Assigned for Candidates for Relay Teams to Report.--Field Events Still Held in Cage.

Regular winter practice for all candidates for the University and Freshman track teams will start this afternoon on the board track behind Langdell Hall. For the present the following schedule has been arranged to facilitate the work of coaching the relay teams. Men trying for the teams will report on the board track at the following hours: 4 o'clock--candidates for the 390-yard relay team; 4.15 o'clock--candidates for the 780-yard relay team; 4.30 o'clock--candidates for the Freshman relay team. All other men who wish to run should report before or after the above times. Men trying for the field events should continue to report to Coach Quinn in the Baseball Cage.

The first and most important event of the winter season will be the B. A. A. meet on February 10. Individuals will be entered in the various events, a 780-yard relay team will race Yale and a 390-yard team will race Princeton. The short and long distance relay teams will probably race two Technology teams in the Armory A. A. meet in Providence, R. I., on February 25. The 780-yard team will race Pennsylvania in the Second Division Naval Militia meet in Hartford, Conn., March 1.