YESTERDAY'S SECRET PRACTICE

SHORT PRACTICE CONCLUDED HEAVY WORK IN PREPARATION FOR BROWN GAME.

One hour of secret practice in the Stadium yesterday afternoon completed the heavy work of the University squad in preparation for the Brown game. Although the practice was short, the men were given a thorough drilling in the scrimmage between the first team and the substitutes in the playing of their individual positions and in the practicing of new plays. The fact that it rained gave the men a chance to become accustomed to a slippery ball and will probably stand them in good stead as there is rarely a year when there are not at least a few games played in the rain. Judging from the way Brown defeated Pennsylvania and considering the fact that the Brown game is only two days off, the practice today will probably be light as the coaches will not want to take any chances with the men. O. L. Cutts '03, tackle on the 1903 team, watched the running off of the new plays yesterday from the side lines.

Following was the line-up of the first team in the scrimmage: Felton, l.e.; Hitchcock, l.t.; Pennock, l.g.; Parmenter, c.; Driscoll, Trumbull, r.g.; Storer, r.t.; Coolidge, r.e.; Gardner, a.b.; H. Hardwick, l.h.b.; Brickley, r.h.b.; Wendell, f.b