LAPSE IN PRACTICE HARMFUL

Yale Still Shows Effect of Break Last Week.--Playing of Dartmouth Eleven Rather Unsatisfactory.

A distinct slump appears to have taken place at Yale after the break in practice of the past week. In the game with Brown on Saturday, which Yale won by the score of 10 to 0, the teams were on an even footing throughout the greater portion of the play.

As the direct result of constant fumbling on the part of the Yale backs in the first two periods Brown was able to approach close enough to its opponents goal for four attempts at a score from placement. Crowther at quarterback again proved the life of the Brown team as in the game against Harvard, being not only the mainspring of the offence, but a sure tackler in the backfield.

The only consistent attack which Yale showed in any period of the game was in the last part of the third quarter when Flynn and Captain Spalding scored through a succession of line plunges. In the last quarter the Brown defence held on the 5-yard line and Pumpelly was forced to drop back fifteen yards for a goal from the field, which brought Yale's total to ten.

Dartmouth too Heavy for Cornell.

The Dartmouth-Cornell game, although won by the former with the score of 24 to 0, was not very encouraging to the Green supporters. In the first quarter the Dartmouth men showed the expected superiority, making two touchdowns after a series of line plays; but during the rest of the game the light Cornell line, composed largely of substitutes, resisted surprisingly the Dartmouth attack, twice forcing its opponents to abandon line plays within its 10-yard line.

This weakness on the part of the heavy Dartmouth line, on which the team still relies almost entirely for its gains, was a great disappointment to the Hanoverians. A redeeming feature, however, were the punts by Llewellyn, the Dartmouth quarterback.

Other Important Games.

The scores of other important games played on Saturday follow:

Princeton, 64; New York University, 0.

Carlisle, 27; West Point, 6.

Bucknell, 17; Annapolis, 7.

Pennsylvania, 27; Michigan, 21.

Andover, 7; Exeter, 0.

Yale 1916, 3; Princeton 1916, 3.