BATTERY A HOLDS RECORD

13 TO 0 VICTORY YESTERDAY LEAVES IT STILL UNDEFEATED BY CADETS.

In a game of brilliant running and long gains by both teams Battery A defeated the First Corps of Cadets in their annual game in the Stadium yesterday by a score of 13 to 0. The powerful, versatile backfield of Battery A was chiefly responsible for its victory. Skilton's fleet dashes around the ends, Wadsworth's sensational broken field runing and Minot's tremendous line-bucking were too formidable for the light Cadet team. Though by their plucky stands the Cadets managed to hold the Battery scoreless in the first half, toward the end of the game they weakened and were powerless before their opponents' consistent hammering.

Shortly after the opening of the game Battery A threatened to score when Skilton and Minot advanced the ball from midfield to the Cadets' 1-yard line, only to lose it on downs after four vain attempts to pierce their opponents' rallied line.

The first score of the game came in the third period when Battery A got possession of the ball on the Cadets 15- yard line, following a fumbled punt. On the first play Minot broke through tackle and reached the 1-yard line before being downed. From this position he scored easily on his next plunge. He also kicked the goal.

Battery A's final score was made near the end of the game after a forward pass to Hardwick had brought the ball to the Cadets' 28-yard line. On an ingenious trick play Wadsworth circled right end for a touchdown. Minot missed an easy chance for the goal.

The line-ups were as follows:

Referee--R. S. Guild, Umpire--H. Foster '07. Linesman--A. Wood.

BATTERY A.  FIRST CORES OF CADETS.Pollard, l.e.  r.e., KennedyH. Skilton, l.t.  r.t., G. JonesF. R. Wulsin '13, l.g.  r.g., TowneWallace, H. R. Amory '14, c.  c., BartelsG. C. Jones '09. D. R. Sigourney '15, r.g.,  l.g., BeebeMacNaughton, R. Griswold '14, r.t.  l.t., Briggs, FletcherW. H. Coolidge '14, r.e.  l.e., Capper, BearWadsworth, q.b.  q.b., R. C. Jones '07.T. B. Pitman '14, l.h.b.  T. C. Hardwick '13, r.h.b., Miller, WareR. Skilton, H. D. Minot '13, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Fales, NoyesW. M. Minot ex-11 f.b.  f.b. Lawso