CHRISTMAS SOUTHERN TRIP

PLANS FOR FIRST JOURNEY OF MUSICAL CLUBS TO THAT SECTION.

Arrangements for the first Southern trip over taken by the University Musical Clubs, which will be made in the Christmas recess corresponding to Western trips of previous years, have been practically completed.

Eight cities and a possibility of eleven are on the list, as compared with five on the Western trips in 1907 and 1909, and nine last year. The actual mileage covered, however, will be approximately two-thirds of that covered in 1911.

Fifty men will be chosen by competition to represent the Glee, Mandolin and Banjo Clubs; and Manager R. Bowser '13 and an assistant manager, who has not yet been chosen, will accompany the clubs to attend to all the details of the trip.

The present schedule calls for concerts at the following places on the dates named: December 21, Springfield; December 23, Philadelphia, Pa.; December 26, Louisville, Ky.; December 27, Cincinnati, O.; December 30, Reading, Pa.; December 31, Washington, D. C.; January 1, Baltimore, Md.; January 2, Brooklyn, N. Y. December 24, 25, and 28 are at present open dates. It is very probable, however, that Columbus, O. and Toledo, O. will be added to the list of cities. For the other date the city desired has not yet been determined upon. In each of the cities included, the local Harvard Clubs have shown great enthusiasm in arranging to entertain the members of the clubs and have generously undertaken to make all provisions necessary for a successful concert. In some of the cities the regular concert will be followed by a dance. Two special sleeping cars and one baggage car will be used throughout the trip as last year.

After the last concert the men will return directly to Cambridge reaching here the morning College opens.