PLAY BY E. D. BIGGERS '07

Special Performance by Parke Players at Plymouth Theatre This Afternoon.

"Il You're Only Human," a comedy by Earl Derr Biggers '07, will be presented by the well-known William Parke players, of Pittsfield, for the first time on any stage at the Plymouth Theatre this afternoon. Only a single performance will be given, as this presentation is primarily to enable the New York managers and producers to witness the play. Robert Middlemass '09, a former president of the University Dramatic Club and a prominent figure in the Hasty Pudding and Delta Upsilon theatricals, will appear in the cast.

Though this will be the first production of the play, the book has been widely read by noted persons in dramatic circles, who are unanimous in their praise of its rich humor and tender pathos. Its glimpses of stage and "high society" life are exceedingly clever and amusing and there is an intensely human atmosphere about the play which readily appeals to one. The opening act which takes place behind the scenes of a theatre is remarkable for its brilliancy and realism.

This is Mr. Biggers's first offering as a playwright, though he has been for several years prominent in the literary and dramatic world. When in college Mr. Biggers was an editor of the Lampoon and the Advocate. Following his graduation in 1907, he accepted a position with the Bobbs-Merrill Publishing Company as a book-reviewer. He resigned this post to edit a humorous column for the Boston Traveller, in which capacity he was so successful that at the end of a year he was appointed dramatic critic for the paper. Last year he was a prize-winner in a short-story contest conducted by one of the prominent magazines. He recently completed his first novel, entitled "Seven Keys to Baldpate," which is in the hands of the publishers now and will appear in January.