Change in Intercollegiate Hockey.

"The refusal of Columbia to abide by the rule of the Intercollegiate Hockey League regarding the freshman and three-year requirements makes the future of the league an uncertainty. Should Columbia be expelled from the Intercollegiate League, Cornell, Princeton, and Dartmouth would be the only colleges represented, Yale having withdrawn early in the fall."

The above quotation from the Cornell Daily Sun forces the conclusion that intercollegiate hockey has reached a critical point in its development. The fact that two or more games are in nearly all cases necessary to decide the superiority of two hockey teams, makes a league the most satisfactory and practical method of conducting the sport. Should the present Intercollegiate League, of which Harvard is not a member, eventually break up, the formation of a new and more inclusive league between the larger colleges would probably result, to the benefit of the sport as a whole.

Football Roll of Honor.

In the current issue of the Outing, the football roll of honor is announced. Fifty-seven men chosen on the recommendations of at least two of the prominent coaches of the country, are included in the list. Rating by colleges, Wisconsin the champion of the West, comes first with seven men; Harvard a close second with six; and Princeton third with a total of five. Storer is one of the 11 tackles, Pennock one of the 5 guards; Parmenter one of the 5 centres; of the backfield, Brickley and Hardwick are mentioned among the 13 haldbacks, and Wendell among the 7 fullbacks.

Transcript on President Taft.

President Taft has accepted the Kent professorship of law at Yale, and will probably take up his duties early in the spring. The Transcript comments as follows:

"Mr. Taft is said to have determined upon accepting the Yale professorship for several reasons. He will not be restricted merely to lectures to Yale students, but will be permitted to lecture if he desires in other law schools or upon the platform, or to engage in any other occupation which he sees fit. If the President had returned to Cincinnati to resume law practice he felt that he would have but little opportunity for practice. He felt that he could not appear in cases before the United States Supreme Court because he has appointed a majority of its membership.

"At Yale the President will be in surroundings dear to him and will be in a position to engage in almost any sort of business in which he believes an ex-President can fittingly engage. The analogy between the Yale professorship and Gover Cleveland's relation with Princeton appealed to Mr. Taft strongly, and when many of his close friends and advisers wrote to him approving his acceptance of the chair at Yale he decided to take it.