B. A. A. TIED IN HOCKEY

University Men Show Great Improvement and for First Time This Year Hold Their Own Against Boston Team.

Displaying a marked improvement over the work of previous days especially in the matter of carrying the puck, the University hockey team held the B. A. A. to a 1 to 1 tie in a fifteen minute scrimmage yesterday afternoon. Both of the scores came as the result of good team-work combined with clean shots by Hopkins and Osgood respectively. The former with Sortwell played excellent hockey in the forward line, while in the defence Claflin was strong. All these three men played a fast and heady game.

Before the scrimmage the usual preliminary work was gone through, Coach Winsor laying emphasis in particular on the passing and general team-work of the forwards.

The line-ups were as follows: HARVARD.  B. A. A. Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Osgood, Winsor Sortwell, l.c.  r.c., Clifford, Minot Phillips, r.c.  l.c., Hicks Morgan, Devereux, r.e.  l.e., Leslie Claflin, c.p.  c.p., N. H. Foster, Jr. Brown, p.  p., Whitney Carnochan, g.  g., Canterbury