McGILL HAS STRONG SEVEN

UNIVERSITY HOCKEY TEAM MEETS UNDEFEATED AGGREGATION AT 8.15.

In McGILL the University hockey team meets tonight perhaps the strongest college team in America, and certainly one of the most popular that has ever played in the Arena. The match is sure to be hard-fought from start to finish. The season's record of the McGill team shows six victories, and no defeats, Two of these wins were scored in Boston when the B.A.A. and Intercolonial sevens were defeated, and if the University players carry off the victory tonight, it will be well-earned. A year ago when the same team was here Harvard was defeated 5 to 2, and a win is therefore much to be desired.

With the exception of the left and position, the University team is in very good team-play condition and should be able to give a good account of itself. Palmer will probably play on this wing, although it is by no means impossible that Sort well will be back and in condition to get into the game, In this case the regular line-up will be presented.

The University players have improved considerably lately and are rapidly developing good team-play. Although Palmer is naturally a centre man, his work on the wing is better than at the beginning of the season and he now works well with the other forwards. Duncan, who play's beside him, is returning to his form of last year, and gets more snap and dash into his work than heretofore. Huntington, although in the line-up as right centre, really plays a roving style of game and his most valuable asset is his great speed in following back and general defensive work. Right wing has been the most difficult place to fill, but Pierce is progressing well and seems to be the best man. The greatest weakness of the defence is its inability to body check and its inability to get the puck out of the corners. In this latter respect, however, much improvement has been shown since the Cornell game a week ago.

Light Scrimmage Yesterday

Last night's practice consisted of a light scrimmage against a scrub B.A.A.team in which the University seven showed up well.

The line-ups: HARVARD,  McGILL. Palmer, l.e,  r.e.Davidson Duncan, l.c,  r.c.Thompson Huntington,r.c,  l.c,Wilson Pierce,r.e,  l.e,Foreman Blackall,c.p,  c.p,Rankin Willetts,p,  p,Masson,or Hughes Gardner,g,  g,Warwick