MEMORIAL HOSPITAL TO OPEN

RECEPTION TO BE GIVEN IN BUILDING AT HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL.

The Collis P. Huntington Memorial Hospital at the Harvard Medical School will be opened today at 3 o'clock by a reception and tea to the benefactors, the Faculty of the Medical School, and representatives from the other departments of the University, and from various hospitals and medical schools.

The Huntington Hospital has been built under the direction of the Harvard Cancer Commission, which was founded by a $100,000 bequest from Mrs. Caroline Brewer Croft for the scientific study of cancer.

The building stands on the corner of Huntington avenue and Van Dyke street, with its main entrance facing southwest.

Plan of Building.

The first floor, built of concrete, contains a ward for ten beds, and a large dining room. A corridor, running the length of the building, opens into a two-storied sun-room at the extreme left. To the right of the entrance are the matron's room, the offices, the laboratory, an operating room, and a room for the surgeons. The second floor follows the plan of the first, with a large ward and a number of separate rooms; and the nurses' quarters are on this floor.

An Unusually well-equipped laundry and a nurses' dining room are located in the basement, while a sub-basement contains the heating and ventilating plants.