SECOND CREW AT ANNAPOLIS

WILL MEET SECOND NAVAL ACADEMY, OVER 2-MILE COURSE ON SEVERN.

The second University crew, which went to Annapolis on Thursday, will race the second crew of the United States Naval Academy over a 2-mile course on the Severn this afternoon at 2 o'clock, weather permitting. R. F. Herrick '90 will act as referee.

Although conditions have been rather unfavorable for rowing at Annapolis, the University second crew had both morning and afternoon practice yesterday, padding for some distance, and also trying racing starts. The crew is using a shell loaned by the Naval Academy, which Coach Stevenson went to Annapolis to rig. The men rowed well in it yesterday. The work of the second crew has been very satisfactory this spring, and the men have recently had an opportunity to try themselves out at a high stroke. Eager has a good rythm and is capable of driving the crew hard in a race.

Coach Wray will arrive at Annapolis this morning to take charge of the squad and will watch the race this afternoon, probably making changes in the order of the University crew on Monday as a result. Manager A. S. Neilson '13 has charge of the trip.

Immediately after the race of the second crews this afternoon, the first crew of the Naval Academy will race with a graduate crew of the Academy.

The order of the second University crew will be as follows:

Stroke, Eager; 7 Mills; 6, Stratton; 5, L. Curtis; 4, F. Trumbull; 3, Nelson; 2, Cutler; bow, Carver; cox., A. Abeles.