Frederick Sheldon Fellowships

At a recent meeting of the Corporation the following Frederick Sheldon Travelling Fellowships were awarded for 1912-1913. These are not assigned in scholarships of fixed amounts, but "on recommendation from various Departments and Schools . . . . to be assigned for purposes of investigation or study . . ."

W. M. Boothby '12, of Boston, for research in Medicine at Oxford; C. D. Clifton '12, of Jackson, Miss., for research in Music in Europe; S. H. Cross '12, of New Bedford, for study and travel in Europe; H. W. L. Dana '03, of Cambridge, for research in Comparative Literature in Europe; E. C. Day A.M. '08, of San Anselmo, Cal., for research in Zoology at Berlin; J. G. Gilkey '12, of Watertown, for study and travel in Europe; W. C. Graustein '10, of Cambridge, for research in Mathematics at Bonn; G. L. Kelley S. B. '07, of Somerville, for research in Chemistry in Europe; R. H. Keniston '04, of Cambridge, for research in Romance Languages in Europe; P. D. Lamson '05, of Worcester, for research in Pharmacology at Wuerzburg; G. H. McCaffrey '12, of Roxbury, for research in Government in Europe and America; J. A. Spaulding '12, of Tewksbury Centre, for research in German in Germany; R. C. Staebner '11, of Willimantic, Conn., for research in Forestry in the United States; W. P. Thompson A.M. '12, of Toronto, Ont., for research in Botany in South Africa; T. Thorvaldson A.M. '09, of Arnes, Manitoba, for research in Chemistry in Europe; W. S. Weeks '06, of No. Brookfield, for research in Mining and Metallurgy in the United States; H. Wolfson '12, of New York, N. Y., for research in Mediaeval Jewish Philosophy in Europe; W. F. Wyatt 2G., of Valley Station, Ky., for research in Palaeography in Europe.