SECOND FOURS RACE AT 5

Two-Mile Row for Four-Oared Boats This Afternoon.--Light Practice Yesterday.

Harvard Training Quarters, Red Top, New London, Conn., June 13, 1912.

The first race between a Harvard and a Yale crew this year will come tomorrow afternoon at 5 o'clock when the second four-oared crews of both universities will compete in a two-mile race.

The crews were given light work for the most part today, the only hard rowing being a mile race between the two University fours, in which the first was victorious by five lengths in 5 minutes, 20 seconds. The University and Freshman eights went out on the river together this morning and rowed downstream for about a mile. On the return trip they took three racing starts.

Light Work in Afternoon.

In the afternoon the University eight paddled down over the first mile of the course, and back again. The stroke was kept below 28 to the minute, but the boat ran wonderfully between strokes, and there was a noticeable decrease in the amount of checking at the catch. The time for a half-mile was caught at 2 minutes, 40 seconds. All three four-oared crews confined their afternoon work to a few racing starts.