THE UNIVERSITY CLUB OF BUFFALO

Recent years have seen many university clubs appear and grow in the cities of the country, and in many cases they have done more than furnish pleasant gathering places to college graduates. The University Club of Buffalo, however, is the first of these clubs that has come to our notice as advertising its desire to help graduates in the social and business worlds. Letters have been sent to the presidents of our universities and colleges requesting from them the names of young graduates whom they know to be about to go to Buffalo from their institutions. Nothing could be more agreeable to the young graduate than to be at once admitted to the friendship of the older graduates of all colleges; and nothing can do more to establish college graduates in a proper place in the eyes of the community than to have them, old and young, co-operate to assist one another and in so doing, as the Buffalo plan intends, give some of their time and training to helping the city solve its civic and social problems.

The appreciation of all undergraduates should go out to the Buffalo club for its generous offers. May the plan instituted by this university club be the beginning of a general movement in the same direction by the various university clubs throughout the country.