Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

COMMENCEMENT MARSHAL

Mr. Charles Francis Adams '88 Chosen for the Office.--Was Prominent in Undergraduate Activities.

Charles Francis Adams, 2nd, '88, of Concord, has been appointed chief marshal for Commencement in June. He has been chosen, as is the custom, from the class which will celebrate its 25th anniversary this year.

While in College, Mr. Adams participated in many activities. He was president of his class during all of its four years, and was First Marshal on Class Day, 1888. After graduation, he attended the Law School, receiving his degree in 1892. In 1891, he had the honer of coaching the University crew which won from Yale in that year, at a time when victories in rowing were not so frequent as at present.

Since finishing his course at the Law School, Mr. Adams has been a prominent figure in public life. He has been a member of the Quincy Common Council, and twice Mayer of that city. In 1898, he was made Treasurer of the University, and in addition is a director of several banks, trust companies, and other institutions near Boston.