Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

DR. SEXTON RE-ENGAGED

WILL COACH BASEBALL AT HARVARD FOR AT LEAST THREE MORE YEARS.

Dr. F. J. Sexton, for the past two years coach of the University baseball team, has been re-engaged to have charge of the squad for at least three years more. He is to be under the same contract as before.

During the past two years he has coached baseball at Harvard, Dr. Sexton, without any pitching material of more than mediocre ability, has worked wonders with the team. Two years ago it defeated Yale in straight games, and last year, through lack of a good pitcher, lost. What his coaching has meant has been shown in the great improvement in the batting and general all-round work of the men.

Dr. Sexton graduated from Brown College in 1893. While there he played on the team four years, being captain in 1892 and 1893. In 1892, when he was captain, coach and pitcher of the team, Brown defeated Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Pennsylvania inside of two weeks. After leaving college, he played on a number of professional teams, including the Boston Nationals. In 1895 and 1896 he coached Michigan, in both years turning out championship teams; and for seven years before coming to Harvard as coach, he had charge of the Brown squads.