DR. SEXTON RE-ENGAGED

WILL COACH BASEBALL AT HARVARD FOR AT LEAST THREE MORE YEARS.

Dr. F. J. Sexton, for the past two years coach of the University baseball team, has been re-engaged to have charge of the squad for at least three years more. He is to be under the same contract as before.

During the past two years he has coached baseball at Harvard, Dr. Sexton, without any pitching material of more than mediocre ability, has worked wonders with the team. Two years ago it defeated Yale in straight games, and last year, through lack of a good pitcher, lost. What his coaching has meant has been shown in the great improvement in the batting and general all-round work of the men.

Dr. Sexton graduated from Brown College in 1893. While there he played on the team four years, being captain in 1892 and 1893. In 1892, when he was captain, coach and pitcher of the team, Brown defeated Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Pennsylvania inside of two weeks. After leaving college, he played on a number of professional teams, including the Boston Nationals. In 1895 and 1896 he coached Michigan, in both years turning out championship teams; and for seven years before coming to Harvard as coach, he had charge of the Brown squads.