Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

NEW ART EXHIBITS AT FOGG

Valuable Book-plates Engraved by Edwin Davis French Now on View.

The Fogg Museum of Art will exhibit for the next fortnight a series of book-plates engraved by the late Edwin Davis French. The prints, about one hundred and seventy-five in number, are a loan to the Museum from Mr. la Rose's collection; and, as they are all artist's proofs, they will afford the amateur of book-plates a better opportunity of studying Mr. French's work than has ever been offered since the Grolier Club's exhibition several years ago. Of special local interest will be the plates which French engraved for the Harvard Library and for several of the Harvard undergraduate clubs. The selection of prints embraces the various types of exlibris, from book-piles and library interiors to portraits and armorials. The collection also includes an unpublished print of the Harvard College Yard.

There are on exhibition also several large lithographs by Joseph Pennell (among them six views in New York city), a number of etchings by Herman A. Webster, and wood-engravings by Cole, Kruell, Wolf, Kingsley, and others. Whistler's Thames set, the Pennell lithographs and Webster etchings are gifts recently received, and have not been exhibited before in the Fogg Museum.

Although entirely different in technique, the book-plates, lithographs, etchings, and wood-engravings have this in common--they are all the work of American artists of our own time, and for this reason have a special interest.