Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

ARCHITECTURAL COMPETITION

Six Colleges Entered in Second Annual Contest.

The second annual intercollegiate architectural competition will be held this spring between Harvard, Cornell, McGill, Pennsylvania, Syracuse and Technology, Pennsylvania will manage the contest this year. Harvard having conducted it last year. The subjects for the drawings and the other final details of the program will be decided upon by a committee of representatives of the colleges, which will consider the tentative programs submitted by each college. The competitors are divided into two classes; one consisting of fourth-year and graduate students, the other of all other students. A prize of $90 is offered to the first class, and $60 to the winner in the second. Last year Harvard men were awarded second places in both classes.

Each college will submit preliminary sketches on February 17. In those preliminary sketches each student must rely upon his own efforts, and no reference books or consultation will be permitted. He will receive the problem decided upon by the committee, in the morning, and must hand in, by evening, his original work on the subject. The final drawings must be handed in on March 19. In the working up of the final drawing from the preliminary sketch the student may consult outside sources. The final drawings will be put on exhibition at the various colleges, in turn, after the decisions have been reached.