Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

BOOKLET FOR SUB-FRESHMEN

"Student Interests of Harvard" Will Aim to Recount advantages to prospective members.

The booklet on "Student Interests of Harvard," the material for which was gathered last spring by the Federation of, Territorial Clubs, is now being published at the University Press, and the first edition will soon be ready for distribution. The book is to contain information about the University and to give a more complete idea of student life than can be imparted by any of the official University publications. Copies will be distributed through the constituent territorial clubs of the Federation which will send then to their home towns and preparatory schools, and thus disseminate where it will be most productive a knowledge of what Harvard has to offer the sub-Freshman. Similar booklets are now published by other colleges and it was to enable the schoolboy in the West and south to have all the evidence before him when he made his choice that the Federation undertook the publication of this present book.

The plan has the hearty approval of the University authorities and the Alumni Association, while the associated Harvard Clubs have started the subscription lists and helped in other ways.

Such a comprehensive book has necessarily involved considerable expense and it has only been made possible by the support of graduates and undergraduates alike. Its chief value lies in its wide distribution, and for that reason the committee wishes to place about 5000 volumes immediately. In order to accomplish this more subscriptions are needed. Therefore, the class of 1917 is especially asked to contribute, as well as those upperclassmen who have not yet done so. Copies of the first edition may be had by men in College for fifty cents. They will make attractive souvenirs of Harvard and the committee will thus be enabled to get the books at lower cost by ordering a larger edition.

The books will be sent without charge to prospective sub-Freshmen and anyone knowing of such men is requested to send in their names so that they may be supplied as soon as possible. Contributions and requests for copies should be sent to S. F. Withe '14, Fairfax 10.

The booklet will have an attractive cloth binding and will be full of illustrations showing University buildings, scenes, and athletic contests. That the information given may be unprejudiced and convincing, undergraduates of varied activities have been chosen to write the articles. They are eleven in number as follows:

1. Relation of the Federation to the sub-Freshman.

2. "Academic Advantages."

3. "Athletics."

4. "Undergraduate Publications."

5. "Religious Interests," by the vice president of the Christian Association.

6. "Social Clubs," by the president of the Student Council and of Phillips Brooks House in 1912-13.

7. "Other Interests," by a CRIMSON and Lampoon editor.

8. "The Law School," by the president of the Law Review.

9. "The Medical School."

10. "Other Graduate Schools."

11. "Finances," by the editor-in-chief of the Illustrated.

The booklet will close with a list of the members of the territorial clubs from whom further information may be obtained by those intending to come to the University.