LOWELL LECTURES ANNOUNCED

THREE HARVARD PROFESSORS AMONG THOSE WHO WILL GIVE COURSES.

Among the nine courses announced for the Lowell Lectures this year, three are to be given by Harvard men. Professor G.H. Palmer '64 gives the second courses of eight lectures on "Some Types of English Poetry." These lectures will be given on Wednesday afternoons at 5 o'clock, beginning October 22. Professor W.R. Spalding '87 will give a course of eight lectures on "The Evolution of the Art of Music." These come on Tuesday and Friday evenings beginning February 17. Professor Roscoe Pound of the Law School will offer a series on "The Spirit of the Common Law," to come on Mondays and Thursdays at 8 o'clock.

Among the other speakers are Kirscopp Lake, D.D., of the University of Leyden, Holland, who will lecture on "Primitive Christianity," and Professor C. Snouck Hugronje, also of Leyden, who speaks on Mohammedanism. Other lectures and their subjects are: Alfred Noyes, Litt.D., on "The Sea in English Poetry"; Professor Graham Wallas of the University of London, on "The Man Behind the Vote;" Professor D.C. Miller of the Case School of Applied Science, Cleveland, on "Sound Analysis", and Bertrand Russell, of Trinity College, Cambridge, England on "Scientific Method in Philosophy." Other courses not yet announced will follow.