Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

YALE WON CROSS-COUNTRY

University Team Found Little Chance of Open Road Work on New Haven Course.--Score 25 to 33.

The University cross country team was defeated by the Yale cross-country team in New Haven Saturday by the score of 25 to 33. The Harvard team had expected to find considerable road work but the Yale of 6 3-10 miles permitted very little of it. Although the men knew the danger of straggling on such a course, the whole team, with the exception of Boyd, Blackman and MacLure, dallied at the start and let the Yale runners, who were thoroughly familiar with the footing get off in a bunch ahead. The Yale runners also gained when coming down from West Rock, and the Harvard men ran a hopeless race trying to catch them in the rough going afterwards. Boynton ran well in the last four miles, and MacLure did well-throughout, considering he had a bad cold. Captain Boyd and Blackman came up to expectations, Boyd setting a new record of 40 minutes and 7 2-5 seconds for the course, with Blackman 1-5 second behind him.

The order of finish together with the times of the first twelve men follows: 1, R. St.B. Boyd '14, 40,., 7 2-5s.; 2, F. H. Blackman '14, 40m., 7 3-5s.; 3, G. L. Safford (Yale), 40m., 53 1-5s.; 4. Captain J. P. Booth (Yale), 41m., 13 3-5s.; 5, D. F. Frost (Yale), 41m., 24 2-5s.; 6, E. A. Burtt (Yale), 41m., 25s.; 7, C. E. Clark (Yale), 41m., 25 2-5s.; 8, A. R. Boynton '14, 41m., 26s.; 9, R. S. Young (Yale), 42m., 11s.; 10, H. G. MacLure '15, 42m., 16 3-5s.; 11, H. Holden (Yale), 42m., 31 2-5s.; 12, W. M. Tugman, Jr., '14, 42m., 43s.