ENTHUSIASM AT YALE RUNS HIGH

Football Occupies Place of Greatest Interest at New Haven.

New Haven, Conn., November 19.--The most important events during the past week have been those directly connected with football, including a number of spirited mass meetings and spontaneous parades on the part of the students body. The second mass meeting of the year was held of Tuesday, November 11, at which time the songs and cheers to be given at the Princeton game were rehearsed. The meeting was held in the University Dining Hall and was briefly addressed by J. E. Owsley '05S., W. W. Heffelfinger '91S., and Captain Ketcham. The cheering and singing were most enthusiastic. On Wednesday night, a band having been previously secured in secret, a parade was formed. Some 3000 students fell in the line and led by the "Y" men of the university marched around the streets to the champs, where they cheered Captain Ketcham and the members of the team individually. On Friday afternoon, about 1000 undergraduates marched to Yale Field in the pouring rain and cheered the practice.

Aside from the university football, the most interesting event of the week was the reunion dinner of the championship football team of 1888. These men met at the Hotel Taft on Wednesday evening and enjoyed a banquet which stead far into the night. The host of the evening was William H. Corbin'89 captain of the famous team which scored a total of 698 points without being scored upon,

On Thursday, the long drawn-out university tennis tournament was brought to a close, W. D. Cunningham '15 and T. E. Lightner '15 defeating T. Stanley '14 and W. D. Kenyon '14, in a hard five-set match.

Among the more important lectures of the week was one delivered Wednesday afternoon by Professor Kirsopp Lake, who was been delivering a series at the Lowell Institute in Boston. He seemed much interested in American football, remarking that both England and American could gain greatly by an exchanged of playing tactics.

On Friday, the executive committee of the Associated New England Clubs met for the met first time to draw up plans. W. S. Pardee '32 was elected chairman and Arthur A. Thomas '01 secretary. One of the principal reasons for the appointing of the committee was that the association might keep in touch with the university.

On Saturday, besides the football games, the annual soccer game and gun shoot were held with Princeton. Yale won the former, 3 to 1 and Princeton the latter, 189 to 84, which exactly evened things in the day's sport.