BRICKLEY LEADS 1914 TEAM

BRILLIANT FULLBACK SELECTED CAPTAIN AT MEETING HELD YESTERDAY.

Charles Edward Brickley '15, of Everett, was yesterday elected captain of the University football team for 1914 by the eighteen "H" men on this year's squad. The players met to make their choice in Captain Storer's room yesterday afternoon at 5 o'clock, taking, as usual, a secret ballot.

Brickley has been a regular on the team for two years, playing right half-back in 1912 and fullback during the past season. In both years he won his "H." He prepared at Everett High School and at Exeter, where he also played in the backfield. He was captain of the 1915 Freshman eleven, playing fullback on that team. Brickley is 21 years old, 5 feet, 9 1-2 inches tall, and weighs 186 pounds.

His wonderful football ability is too well known about the University to need comment. His drop kicks have won many contests of which the outcome would have otherwise been doubtful, and his presence in the game has always injected life and snap into his team-mates. In both of the years in which he has been playing on the University, he has been conceded a place on the All-American teams without dispute. He seems to possess all the qualities requisite to make him a most efficient leader of next year's eleven.