HOCKEY OUTLOOK AT PRINCETON

Five Veterans in Line-up--Coaching to be Done by Members of the Team

Practice for the Princeton hockey team began at St. Nicholas rink, New York City, last Wednesday, forty men reporting. A new idea will be followed out this season in the nature of carrying two complete sevens from Princeton to New York for the university drill, the money to come from the saving which will be made by the non-employment of the professional coach as in past years. Captain Kuhn figures that the change will more than produce the needed opposition for the seven in the practices --a fault which has existed in past years and which has existed in past years and which has undermined to some extent the strength of the Princeton seven in its early games. Heretofore it has been all coaching and no opposition, except with those few men who were able to pay their own way to New York for the drills held three times a week. By the new arrangement the Athletic Association will be able to pay the fares of the second seven for a limited numbers of drills.

The experience of the five men who are ready for work again this year and who have played for two seasons on the Princeton seven will make it quite possible for them to give all necessary coaching to the new men, and as a matter of fact the new men will need very little coaching because none of them is absolutely green at the game and some have played for four years on minor sevens. Captain Kuhn and Basker constitute one of the fastest pairs of forwards in college circle and are fully competent to coach.

Princeton's chances for a good season are brighter this year than they have been in many seasons, due to the fact that there are five veterans of two seasons back for work, and in addition a strong squad of substitutes and recruits. The five men back from the team of last year, which was runner-up in the inter-collegiate series to Harvard, the winner, are Captain W. S. Kuhn, H. A. H. Baker, and E. B. Kilner, on the forward line, with T. Emmons and F. H. Winants on the defense.

All five of these men were members of the St. Paul's School seven, and all made the team in their second year at Princeton. To fill the other positions there are two substitutes from last year, both of whom worked with the seven all season--H. A. Laughlin and H. A. P. Carter, for the defensive line and H. K. Schoepf, a regular until he was forced out of game by an injury. For the forward line there are J. R. MacColl R. Cowan, G. A. Peacock R. B. Peacock, J. H. Boyd, the first two of whom were substitutes last year, MacColl getting into several games,

The schedule is still unsettled. The first game will, however, be with the St. Paul's School seven in New York, December 18.