Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

TWO PRIZES ANNOUNCED

Subjects for Sumner and Bennett Prizes for Current Year.

The Division of History, Government, and Economics calls attention to two prizes in political science for 1912-13. The Sumner Prize of $100 is offered for the best essay on the subject of universal peace and the elimination of war. The Committee on Prizes in Political Science suggests that essays this year be written upon one of the two following topics: "The kinds of international controversies which may properly be called 'justifiable';" or "International socialism as a force making for world peace."

Other subjects, however, will be approved by the Committee if they fall within the designated field of competition. The Sumner Prize is open to any student of the University.

The Bennett Prize, raised this year from $40 to $75, will be awarded for the best essay on a subject of American economic or political policy of contemporaneous interest. Essays submitted for a degree with distinction in History, Government, and Economics may also be offered for the Bennett Prize. It is open to Seniors in the College and to special students in their third or fourth year who have taken courses in political science and English literature.