Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Fact and Comment

(Yale Daily News).

"No sane, healthy, or even scholarly undergraduate would greatly care whether or not a new influence was coming into the world of thought. Nor would the business American care greatly either. He would not stop his business to read about it. But the founding of a University Press at Harvard, like that at Oxford, or like our own, should be of striking interest to both. The Harvard Press is for the publication of books. It is to carry on the small publishing work done by the Publication Office of that University, and it will care for more. The Press will give the public the books by Harvard professors, who can now have the advantage of local and efficient publishers. But this is the least of the Press. To undergraduates its books may not always be interesting; but they will be of use in the realm of thought. The Oxford Press has gained a vast influence in the outside world; it has brought prestige to its University and it has contributed to universal knowledge. Our own Press during its short existence has thus been effective. The founding of the Harvard Press is another step toward the wider influence of universities on the learning of the world."