HOCKEY WITH DARTMOUTH

University Team Should Win Tonight's Contest in Arena.--Dartmouth Lacked Ice for Practice.

The University hockey team will play Dartmouth at the Arena this evening at 8.15 o'clock. During the present season both the teams have met Princeton at the Arena. Dartmouth was defeated on January 4 by the score of 3 to 2, while Harvard defeated Princeton 5 to 3 on January 22.

The Dartmouth team arrived in Boston last Monday and have held practice daily at the Arena since its arrival. It is unusual for the Dartmouth team to come to Boston so many days in advance of the game, but the failure of ice on which to practice has made the move necessary. The district about Hanover has had as open a winter as Cambridge and as a result the development of the team there has been greatly impeded. The Harvard team has been especially fortunate in its proximity to the Boston Arena this winter.

The University team has had two satisfactory sessions of practice since the game with Yale on Saturday. On Monday, after some preliminary drill, the University seven defeated the B. A. A. in a practice scrimmage by the score of 4 to 1, showing good passing and superior team-work. Claflin was back in the game again after a two-weeks' absence on account of illness.

Yesterday afternoon the University team had a light scrimmage with the second and went through the regular drill. The team usually has a scrimmage with the B. A. A. on the day preceding a game, but this could not be arranged yesterday. The first seven continues to better its team-work and will doubtless show improvement in the game against Dartmouth tonight.

The line-up: HARVARD.  DARTMOUTH. Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Frost Sortwell, l.c.  r.c., Wanamaker Phillips, r.c.  l.c., Mason Claflin, r.e.  l.e., Tuck Goodale, c.p.  c.p., Johnson Willetts, p.  p., Dillinger Gardner, g.  g., Donohue