ALL-COLLEGIATE HOCKEY

Team Picked From General Consensus of Newspaper Opinion.

In the picking of an All-Collegiate hockey team for the past season there seems to be but a very slight range of opinion. This may be partly due to the predominance of interest in the Harvard, Yale, and Princeton teams, but it also seems in keeping with the relative amount of emphasis and effort put upon the sport by these three colleges. The lack of ice has been hard upon the smaller colleges, so that their men have had little chance to develop. Even the choice for the second team men includes only one other college, two Dartmouth players.

H. B. Gardner '13 is conceeded to be the best goal tender of the season. He played this position for three years and is at all times steady and reliable. Donahue of Dartmouth is placed next. W. A. Willetts '14 and Gore of Yale stand out among the defence men as being good both at breaking up attacks and carrying the puck. Baker and Kuhn of Princeton are in the positions they have played all during the season, rover and centre. The wings are A. F. Sortwell '14 and Harmon of Yale. Both are fast skaters and carry the puck well. W. H. Clafin, Jr., '15 and S. T. Hopkins '14 are the general second choice for these positions.

Line-up of Team.

The line-up of the team would be: goal, Gardner, Harvard; point, Willetts, Harvard; coverpoint, Gore, Yale; left wing, Sortwell, Harvard; right wing, Harman, Yale; centre, Kuhn, Princeton; rover, Baker, Princeton.