JUNIORS FAVOR ELECTRICITY

1914 VOTED TO INSTALL ELECTRIC LIGHTS IN SENIOR DORMITORIES.

Although the Junior smoker held in the Small Dining Room of the Union last evening was not very largely attended, practically a unanimous vote was passed in favor of installing electric lights in the Senior dormitories. Figures were presented which gave the cost of equipping Hollis, Holworthy, Stoughton, and Thayer, as $2900. This estimate provides for three lights in each study, and one light in each bed-room. To wire the north entry of Matthews similarly, $600 more will be needed.

Assessments Put on Term Bill.

A plan was proposed by the committee in charge which provided for the sharing of the cost between the present Junior and Sophomore classes. A subscription of $6 to be charged on next January's term-bill from every man occupying a Senior dormitory next year will ensure the success of the plan.

Committee to Investigate.

It was recommended that the committee besides weighing cost against convenience, look into the relative hygienic qualities of gas and electric lighting, and that another class meeting be called at a later date to further consider the matter.