BASEBALL SQUAD PRACTICE

REGULAR WORK FOR CANDIDATES WILL BEGIN IN CAGE THIS AFTERNOON.

The first spring practice for the University baseball squad will be held in the Cage this afternoon. The battery candidates will report at 2 o'clock, the fielding candidates at 3 o'clock, and all Freshman candidates at 4.30 o'clock.

The University squad of 50 men worked out regularly for five weeks last fall, a good opportunity for examination of material being offered by the 26 games which were played. Owing to the vacancies caused by graduation, Captain Wingate and Coach Sexton are confronted with a difficult problem in the building up of a strong team, in spite of the fact that there is much good material.

The final cut in the fall squad left about twenty-five men, who will start practice today. In addition, a number of men who have heretofore been unable to report will begin work today for the first time.

The squad will again be in charge of Dr. F.J. Sexton, who has acted as coach for the past two years, and who has been re-engaged for at least three years more. His work has proved highly satisfactory, and the University is fortunate in being able to retain his services.