Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

FIRST OF GODKIN LECTURES

INITIAL TALK OF SERIES OF FIVE ON DEMOCRACY BY MR. H. D. CROLY.

The first of the series of Godkin Lectures for this year will be given by Mr. Herbert D. Croly '90, of Windsor, Vt., in Emerson J this evening at 8 o'clock. The general subject of the five lectures will be "Democracy and Responsibility," each taking up a particular phase of that subject. "New Tendencies in Democracy" is the title of this evening's lecture.

Mr. Croly is the author of a number of well-known books, especially "The Promise of American Life." The dates and titles of the remaining lectures will be: April 25, "The Old Democracy and the Constitution"; April 28, "The New Democracy and the Constitution"; April 30, "Direct versus Representative Government"; and May 2, "The Mechanism of Popular Representation." All will be open to the public.

Endowment of Godkin Lectures.

The Godkin lectures were founded in 1903 by an endowment given to the University by the friends of Edwin L. Godkin, late editor of the "Nation," as a memorial of his long and distinguished service to the country of his adoption. The lectureship was inaugurated in 1904 by the Rt. Hon. James Bryce, whose subject was "The Study of Popular Governments."