Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

FRESHMEN, 6; BROOKLINE, 1

1916 Team Secured Eight Hits.--Nash's Fielding a Feature.

The Freshman baseball team won an unexciting game from Brookline High School yesterday afternoon by the score of 6 to 1. Brookline's one run was the result of an error following a three-bagger by Kelley.

The encouraging feature of the game was Whitney's pitching and the success of the 1916 team in bunching hits. Only five hits were made off Whitney, while the Freshmen hit safely eight times. In the eighth inning four singles in succession were secured by Nash, Ervin, Clark, and Richardson, followed by a double by Whitney. Three runs were the result. The other three were secured, one in the second inning and two in the sixth: the first on a hit by Nash, an error by the first baseman and a squeeze play by Richardson; the two in the sixth were the result of a three-bagger by Mahan, Nash hit by a pitched ball, and two clever sacrifices by Ervin and Clark. The feature of the game was furnished by Nash who fielded 12 chances perfectly, made two hits out of three times at bat, and scored three runs. Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 R.  H.  E. Freshmen,  0  1  0  0  0  2  0  3  x--6  8  3 Brookline,  0  0  0  0  0  1  0  0  0--1  5  2