Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

THE SPEAKERS' CLUB.

The celebration of the opening of a house by the Speakers' Club last Friday night marked the third step in the development of that organization. Founded in 1907 by a few men interested in the Public Speaking courses, it held meetings in the Union and different members' rooms, till about a year ago, to increase interest the officers decided to hold fortnightly dinners followed by discussion. Since then the importance of the Club has been steadily growing with a proportionate increase in the membership, till it was found advisable to move into permanent quarters, and the location in the Agassiz House was made possible.

The purpose of the Speakers' Club is an admirable one--"to further the oral expression of representative opinion on current college problems; to maintain an open Forum in the University." It deserves commendation for its increasing success. One note of warning, however, the CRIMSON feels called upon to sound in the midst of the recent prosperity. There is the danger of the Club deteriorating into a merely social organization unless each year there is definite provision made for maintaining the worthy aims and activities of the Club. This possibility would obviously defeat the purpose for which the Club was founded, and should be carefully avoided by the efforts of the future officers and members.