Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

WALTHAM DEFEATED 3 TO 1

FRESHMEN WIN VERY CLOSE GAME--EXETER BEATS SECOND TEAM 8 TO 2.

The Freshman baseball team defeated Waltham High School yesterday afternoon by the score of 3 to 1. The game was chiefly a pitchers' battle, both pitchers getting 10 strike-outs. Waltham was able to make one run on the only error made by the Freshman team, followed by a hit by Ashworth. There was very little hitting, each team getting three. The Freshman team were enabled to win through eight errors made by the visitors.

The batting orders and score by innings were as follows: FRESHMAN  WALTHAM Fripp, c.f.  2b., Gately. Heyer, s.s  r.f., Millen. Mahan, l.f.  p., Fagan. Nash, 1b.  c., Ashworth. Ervin, 2b  1b., Johnson. Clark, r.f.  s.s., Stevens. Demelman, 3b.  l.f., Youngstrom. Safford, c.  c.f., McGilvery. Whitney, p.  3b., Haley.

Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9--R  H  E. Freshmen,  0  0  0  0  0  1  1  1  x--3  3  1. Waltham,  1  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0--1  3  8.

Second Team Loses

The University second team was defeated by Exeter Academy by the score of 8 to 2 at Exeter yesterday afternoon. The team secured its two runs in the first inning. Twice with men on first and third the Exeter catcher threw to second with a score resulting. Inability to hit Wells, a left handed pitcher and six costly errors, were the cause of the defeat.

The score by innings: Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9--R>Tab>H  E Exeter,  0  0  3  2  0  0  3  0  x--S  12  2. Harvard  2  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0--2  2  6.

Second Team Loses

Second Team Loses