HISTORICAL PAGEANT TODAY

COMMEMORATIVE EXERCISES OF HOLLIS ANNIVERSARY AT 3.45 O'CLOCK.

The exercises which are to celebrate the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the building of Hollis Hall will be held today. At 2 o'clock Hollis Hall will be opened to the graduates who have lived there, and the former occupants will be free to visit any of the rooms. Each will receive a souvenir medallion, bearing an engraving of the dormitory, and a space on which the name, room, and class may be inscribed. In the windows of the hall placards will be placed, showing the names of famous men who have lived in the rooms.

Pageant at 3.45 o'clock.

The pageant will be held in the rear of Hollis at 3.45 o'clock, or, in case of rain, in Sanders Theater. The scene will be decorated and sufficiently altered to resemble the dormitory as it formerly appeared. Seats accommodating 500 persons have been erected, facing the west side of the building, which was once the front. There will be no reserved seats. Each person attending will be given a souvenir text of the pageant, published by the Harvard Memorial Society.

The work was written by Professor G. P. Baker '87, and is a portrayal of various episodes connected with the history of Hollis Hall and the student life connected with it at different times. The program of episodes is as follows: I. Prologue. II. Sir Thomas Hollis in London. III. Dedication of the Hall. IV. Revolutionary Scene. V. Harvard Washington Corps. VI. Commemoration Ode Scene. VII. Finale.

Glee Club Will Sing.

In connection with the pageant, there will be several selections of eighteenth and nineteenth century music, rendered by the University Glee Club accompanied by a small orchestra of twelve pieces. A special song, written by C. T. Ryder '06, an eighteenth century anthem, arranged by P. L. Atherton '93, and some selections composed by Dr. A. T. Davison '06, will be sung.

The dinner following the pageant will be held in the Union this evening at 7 o'clock, at which Professor Bruce Wyman '96, of the Law School, will act as toastmaster. Among the speakers will be President Eliot, President Lowell, and Justice F. J. Swayze '79, of the Supreme Court of New Jersey.

A few tickets to the pageant remain, and may be obtained by members of the University for $1 each, and by others for &1.50 each, upon application to F. E. Richter '13, Hollis 24.