University Baseball Statistics

Below is given the statistics of the University baseball team:

Captain Dana Joseph Paine Wingate '14, of Winchester, Mass., short stop, entered College three years ago from Exeter where he captained the team and played third base. He was third base and captain of his Freshman team. Last year he played short stop and third base on the University team. He is 22 years old, is 5 feet 8 1-2 inches tall, and weighs 135 pounds. ("H" man).

Alexander Hadden Tomes '13, of New York, third base, entered College from St. Mark's, where he played on the nine. He was captain of his Freshman team, playing third base. Last year he pitched in the first game of the Yale series. He is 22 years old, weighs 155 pounds, and is 6 feet, 1 inch in height. ("H" man).

Samuel Morse Felton, 3d, of Haverford, Pa., pitcher, prepared at Milton, where he pitched for two years. He was on the University team last year. He is 23 years old, 6 feet, 1 inch tall, and weighs 181 pounds. ("H" man).

William Bartholomew Young '13, of Rockland, catcher, entered from Arlington High, where he played on the team for two years. He caught on the team in 1910 and last year. He is 23 years old, 5 feet, 9 inches tall, and weighs 146 pounds. ("H" man).

Everett Clarkson Hardy '13, of Dorchester, pitcher, prepared at Dorchester High, where he pitched for two years. He pitched on the 1913 Freshman team and has been on the University squad for two years, playing in part of the game at New Haven last year. He is 22 years old, 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and weighs 138 pounds. ("H" man).

Sidney Proctor Clark '14, of Chestnut Hill, Pa., second base, played two years at Pomfret in centre field and as catcher. He played centre field, on his Freshman team and first base on the University team last year. He has been alternating at second base and behind the bat this year. He is 22 years old, 5 feet, 10 1-2 inches tall, and weighs 143 pounds. ("H" man).

Harvey Rexford Hitchcock, Jr., '14, of Pukoo, Molokai, Hawaii, pitcher, prepared at Oahu College. He pitched on the 1914 Freshman team and has been on the University staff for two years. He is 21 years old, 5 feet, 11 inches tall, and weighs 187 pounds.

John Angus Milholland '14, of New York City, utility pitcher, outfielder, prepared at St. Paul's Concord. He played first base on his Freshman team but has been used in the outfield on the University squad. He is 20 years old, 6 feet, 1-2 inch tall, and weighs 165 pounds.

Russell Brigham Frye '15, of Marlborough, Mass., pitcher and outfielder, prepared at Exeter, where he was captain and pitcher of the team in 1911. Last year he was captain of the Freshman team, alternating in the box and in the outfield. He is 24 years old, 6 feet tall, and weighs 165 pounds.

Russ Romeyn Ayres '15, of Montclair, N. first base, prepared at Montclair High, where he played on the team. He was at the initial sack for the Freshmen last year and has played in the same position on the University team throughout this season. He is 19 years old, six feet, 2 inches tall, and weighs 151 pounds.

Robert Tileston Gannett '15, of New York City, right field, prepared at Noble and Greenough's where he played for two years in the outfield. He played right field on the Freshman team last year and has alternated in right and centre field this year. He is 19 years old, 5 feet, 10 inches tall, and weighs 152 pounds.

Huntington Reed Hardwick '15, of Quincy, centre field, prepared at Groton, where he played on the team for two years. He was on his Freshman team last year. He is 20 years old, 6 feet tall, and weighs 185 pounds.

Edward Hussey Alsop '15, of Washington, D. C., left field, prepared at Groton, where he played on the team. He played left field for the Freshmen last year. He is 21 years old, 6 feet tall, and weighs 148 pounds.

Morgan Brigham Phillips '15, of Newton Centre, Mass., utility infielder, prepared at Milton Academy, where he played third base for three years. He played the same position on the 1915 team. He is 18 years old, 5 feet, 9 inches tall, and weighs 174 pounds.