TO EXPOUND NEW TESTAMENT

Noted Biblical Authority is Exchange Professor from Germany.--Will Give Three Courses.

The following brief account of Professor von Dobschutz, exchange professor to the University from the University of Halle, has been prepared for the CRIMSON:

Professor von Dobschutz was born in 1870, graduated at the Gymnasium of Wiesbaden in 1888, and studied theology at Leipsic, Halle, and Berlin, from 1888 to 1893. At Berlin he was especially a pupil of Professor Harnack, and in 1893 he took at Berlin the degree of Licentiate in Theology. From 1893 to 1904 he taught at the University of Jena and in 1904 was called as the professor of the New Testament to Strassburg in succession to H. Holtzmann. In 1910 he was transferred to the same chair at the University of Breslau, and in the spring of 1913 to the University of Halle. In 1904 he received the honorary degree of D.D. from the University of Berlin.

Deep Student of Church History.

Professor von Dobschutz's main studies have lain in the field of the New Testament and of the early Church History. He has given much attention to Byzantine literature and to the history of Christian art, and is the author of many books and articles. Two of them, "Christian Life in the Primitive Church" and "The Eschatology of the Gospels," have appeared in English.

Professor von Dobschutz's courses will treat of "Introduction to the Gospels and to the Life and Teaching of Jesus," "The Epistle to the Hebrews," and "Christianity and Hellenism." During his stay, he will give a course of Lowell Institute Lectures on the Influence of the Bible on Civilization.