FOUR NEW HALF COURSES LISTED

Open to Graduates, and 2 to Graduates and Undergraduates.

Four new half-courses, two for graduates, and two for graduates and under graduates, are offered in the curriculum for the second half-year.

Engineering H9N 2hf., on Demography, will be given on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9 o'clock by Professor George C. Whipple and assistants. It is open to students in the School for Health Officers and graduate students in the School of Business Administration, and the Engineering School. The course deals with the study, preparation and interpretation of vital, social and sanitary statistics with special emphasis laid on their application to public health.

Engineering H9P, 2hf., on Rural Sanitation, will be given on Wednesdays and Fridays at 12 o'clock by Dr. John W. M. Bunker. It is open to students in the School for Health Officers, and to other properly qualified graduate students in Harvard University. This course deals with the principles and practices of sanitation and hygiene as applied to farms, summer resorts, camps, etc.

Engineering Sciences 9, 2hf., on Elementary Bacteriology will be given for graduates and undergraduates by Dr. John W. M. Bunker. It will be given at the Laboratory of Sanitary Engineering in Pierce Hall, and will require about nine hours per week, three of lectures to be arranged at the first meeting of the class and about six of laboratory. This is a course for students who have never studied bacteriology but who have never studied bacteriology but who wish to gain a general understanding of the relation of bacteria to the processes of nature, to chemistry, to sanitary science, and to health.

Government 31, 2hf., on Municipal Sanitary Engineering, will be given on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 11 o'clock by Professor George C. Whipple. It is intended for graduates and undergraduates specializing in Government and Business Administration, but a general knowledge of Physics and Chemistry and a reading knowledge of French and German is required. This course deals with the principles of municipal sanitation and sanitary engineering with special reference to their administration in cities