TEACHING POSITIONS OPEN

Exceptional Opportunities for Men Who Graduate This Year to Study Conditions in Far East.

It is announced that a number of short-time teaching positions in the far East are open to men who will graduate this year. Last year the number of applicants for these positions was large and many were disappointed. The announcement from those in charge has come earlier than last year and plenty of time to think the matter over will be given those who wish to consider it.

The plan of teaching in the far East for a year under the Missionary Boards there was inaugurated some time ago as an attractive scheme for the men who are not decided as to what they wish to do and who would like the experience and the travel. The teachers hold positions in some institution of the East for a year in exactly the same capacity as that in which one would teach in this country. It gives an opportunity for exceptional service and enables one to study the missionary activity of the church at first hand. It greatly facilitates the study of the economic and political conditions in Japan, China, the Philippines and other countries of this fast developing section of the globe. Men who have not made up their minds definitely to their life work can here put in a year to the best advantage, while those who plan on a year of travel after graduation can combine this with a period of service. Positions are ready in the Philippines under Bishop C. H. Brent and in Shanghai, China, at St. John's University under Bishop L. H. Roots '91. Information for men will gladly be furnished by P. G. M. Austin '13, Phillips Brooks House, 9-10 o'clock every morning, or by Lewis B. Whitte-more, 25 Lawrence Hall, Brattle street.