TO TRY AMHERST'S STRENGTH

HOCKEY TEAM WILL PLAY FIRST GAME SINCE CHRISTMAS TRIP.

The University hockey team will play its first game since the Syracuse trip against Amherst in the Arena this evening at 8.15 o'clock. Little is known of the strength of the Amherst seven as the team has thus far met no powerful opponents; a hard contest is, however, expected.

The University team has a record of two victories and four defeats to date, but is fast rounding into shape under the able direction of Coach Winsor. The development of the team has, however, been retarded considerably by the injury of several veterans. Hopkins is still suffering from the cut in his leg received in the second Syracuse game, while Captain Willetts and Claflin are incapacitated by minor injuries. S. P. Clark will start the game at left wing, while Doty and Cunningham will compose the outer defense.

The Harvard line-up for tonight's game will be as follows: S. P. Clark, l. w.; Adams, l. c.; Phillips, r. c. Smart, r. w.; Doty, c. p.; Cunningham, p.; Carnochan, g.

B. A. A. Scores Easily on Subs.

The practice yesterday consisted of a hard scrimmage against the B. A. A. which was won by the latter by the score of 5 to 1. Most of the goals, however, were made after the regulars had retired to give the substitutes a chance. The first string forwards showed considerable improvement in maintaining their formation and succeeded in keeping the play in the B. A. A. territory most of the time. The men as a whole are in good condition and played with considerable snap and dash. Smart scored the only point for the University after a pass from Curtis.

No Season Tickets as Yet.

The Arena management has decided not to issue any season tickets for the hockey games this winter--for a time at least. Reserved seats at $1 and 75 cents each and general admission tickets at 50 cents each for the game with Amherst tonight and subsequent games may be procured at Leavitt & Peirce's.