ROVERS TIE CALUMET A. C., 3 TO 3

Ayres Knocks Home Run in Fast Game.--Woburn Defeats 1918.

The Rovers played nine innings of fast baseball yesterday to a 3 to 3 tie with the Calumet A. C., of Stoneham. The Rovers trailed up to the eighth inning, when they scored two runs, enough to even things up, but not enough to win. The teams were evenly matched, and there were enough chances for both teams to score to keep up attention. The fielding was good, and the pitching fair. The features of the game were home runs to deep centre by Skilton and Ayres.

In the fifth inning the Rovers scored one run. With one down Abbott got to third on a wild throw by Riley over first. He scored on Ayres's grounder. In the eighth, Ayres hit a line drive to left centre that was good for a complete circuit. Gannett got a hit, took second on Fripp's grounder, and scored when Ashley's fly to centre was muffed. In the ninth with one out, Abbott got to third on an infield hit, stole second, and went to third on a passed ball, but the next two men flied out. The score: Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9--R.  H.  E. Rovers,  0  0  0  0  1  0  0  2  0--3  8  2 Calumet,  0  0  0  1  0  0  2  0  0--3  7  3

Batteries--Rovers: Cummings, Fitzgibbons and Harte, Waterman; Calumet: Jones and Dee.

The Freshman baseball team was defeated yesterday by Woburn High School, 7 to 4. The Freshman pitchers were freely hit at first, all seven runs scored off them being in the first four innings. On the other hand, the Freshmen got going in the sixth inning, and landed four runs on four hits, a fielder's choice, a walk, and an error. Almost the entire Freshman squad was given a chance, twenty players being used.