FEDERATION NAMES OFFICERS

GEORGE WIGGLESWORTH '74 ELECTED HEAD OF NEW ENGLAND CLUBS.

At the annual meeting of the New England Federation of Harvard Clubs held in Fall River on Saturday, George Wigglesworth '74, of Newton, was elected president; Oliver Whipple Huntington '81, of Newport, R. I., was elected vice-president; Herman Frederick Clarke '05, of Boston, was elected secretary; and Martin Allison Taylor '89, of Haverhill, was elected treasurer. The honorary vice-presidents include President Lowell, Spencer Borden, Jr., '94, of Fall River, and J. T. Bullard '84, of New Bedford.

Great interest was shown by the delegates in the appearance of Dr. James Lloyd Wellington '38, of Swansea, the oldest living graduate.

H. L. Belisle '96, superintendent of the Fall River schools, welcomed the delegates. Among the other speakers were President Lowell, Professor C. H. Grandgent and S. J. Elder.

It was decided to hold the next convention with the Connecticut Valley Harvard Club at Springfield. It was also voted to give prizes to secondary schools in communities which have entertained the Federation.