CALUMET A. C. PROVES SUPERIOR

Nine From Stoneham Defeats Rovers in Practice Game 6 to 3.

The Rovers lost yesterday afternoon to the Calumet A. C. of Stoneham, by the score of 6 to 3. The playing of both teams was for the most part good. The visitors, though they got no more hits than the Rovers made all their hits count, as there was not one of them that did not help in the scoring of a run.

The visitors started in the third, scoring once on a single, two sacrifices, and a two-bagger. In the fourth they got two more, on a single, an error, and a two-base hit.

The Rovers evened the score in this inning, on a double, a single, a fielder's choice, a walk, and a double. However, the visitors got three more in the next inning, on a walk, two singles, a sacrifice, and a two-base hit. In the ninth with two out the Rovers put men on first and second, but Swan was caught asleep off first, ending the game. The score by innings: Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9--R  H  E Calumet,  0  0  1  2  3  0  0  0  0--6  6  1 Rovers,  0  0  0  3  0  0  0  0  0--3  6  4

Batteries: for Calumet, Jones and Bennett; for the Rovers, Fitzgibbon, Garritt, Wood, and Harte.