LEGAL AID BUREAU EFFECTIVE

ORGANIZATION AT PROSPECT UNION HAS HELPED MANY APPLICANTS.

The Harvard Free Legal Aid Bureau organized recently for their third year of work. The officers are A. C. Tener 3L., president; E. D. Smith 2L., vice-president; and C. B. Randall 3L., secretary treasurer.

Last year was very fruitful in its results for this beneficial organization. Two hundred and three cases were received in the office for advice and of this number, 15 were taken to court, 14 of which were won, the fifteenth being settled outside of court. Cases were brought by all classes of people of all nationalities and involved questions in contracts, domestic relations, real estate, tort claims, naturalization, and the drawing up of wills. Actual money was recovered or saved for clients, in settlements not including separate support cases and the like, to the amount of $1,100. An average of ten cases a week were handled last year.

The office has been open two weeks this year and 16 cases have been reported. This institution has proved itself a real and necessary addition to the community, and its efficiency for service is steadily increasing. It extends a standing invitation to anyone to apply for aid. The office is in the Prospect Union, Central square, and is open afternoons from 4 to 6 o'clock and evenings from 7 to 9 o'clock.