MANY DRAMATISTS COMPETING

Large Number of Thirty-Nine Plays Submitted are Comedies.

The Dramatic Club play competition this fall was one of the best in the his-today of the organization. Thirty-nine plays were handed in, a large percentage of them being three acts or more in length. Also, as has not been the case in previous years, a large number, especially of the longer pieces, are comedies, and a few very humorous farces have been submitted. The winning play or plays will be presented in Cambridge at Brattle Hall on December 8 and 10, and in Boston at Copley Hall on December 11.

The Judges of the competition are Professor G. P. Baker '87, H. T. Parker '89, of the Boston Transcript, and F. Ballard, a former winner of the Craig Prize. The judges' decision will be announced on November 2.

Prier to issuing a call for candidates for the acting, stage and business ends of the organization, the Dramatic Club is to hold an open meeting, which any member of the University may attend, to outline the work of the various departments and to explain the rules governing the competition. The date of this meeting will be announced later.