HARDWICK AT END POSITION

HOUR-LONG SCRIMMAGE NETS UNIVERSITY TEAM TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

The reconstruction of the University football team was further continued at yesterday's practice when Hardwick was again placed at end, Francke remaining in the backfield. The line has not been playing up to standard and the return of Hardwick will strengthen it considerably. Francke's playing in the backeld has made his position there fairly certain.

The football situation continues to assume a brighter outlook with the return of the regulars, and although some of the first string men are not as yet in condition to scrimmage, they are taking light workouts and from present indications will be able to play Saturday against Michigan. Captain Brickley, Soucy, D. P. Morgan, and Sweetser are the first string men who are out at present. Brickley was able to leave the hospital Sunday afternoon and is convalescing rapidly at his home; D. P. Morgan will be out of the game for another week on account of his broken hand; Soncy has been ordered to keep his injured knee in a plaster cast, and that will necessitate his withdrawal for a good two weeks; and Sweetser's bad ankle will keep him out for some time. Pennock put in another afternoon logging around the field and it is the belief of the physicians that he will be in condition to play by the end of the week. The regulars lined up for a short signal drill, but withdrew when it came time for scrimmage, the substitutes engaging the second team in an hour-long game. The University team made two touchdowns, one by Whitney and the other by Rollins. The line played so hard that the second team backs were powerless on the attack. The work of the substitutes is gradually improving as the new men learn the finer points of the game.

The combination of Bradlee, Mahan, Francke, and Logan in the backfield was used for the first time yesterday.

The order of the men as they lined up for signal drill was as follows: l.e., T. J. Coolidge; l.t., Parson; l.g. Weston; c., Wallace; r.g., Withington; r.t., Bigelow; r.e., Hardwick; l.h.b., Mahan; r.h.b., Francke; f.b., Bradlee.